If you are involved with a Charitable Trust
Andrew Perry, Fundraising Development Manager
Here at St Barnabas we are delighted to have benefited from the amazing generosity of many Charitable Trusts and Foundations to support a wide range of different activities and services which form part of everyday life at the hospice.
Whatever the size of the gift, each one is equally important to us and means that year on year we can continue to provide care for the many patients and their families who turn to us for help at a special time in their lives.
In addition to making contributions to the building of our new hospice, our day to day work has also benefited from the generosity of the trustees of Charitable Trusts and Foundations, with recent examples including:
- Supporting the work of our Artist in Residence who improves the emotional wellbeing of patients by helping them to undertake reminiscence projects or other artistic activities on a subject personal to them.
- Meeting the cost of providing care for patients staying at the hospice
- Specialist books for our Family Counsellor to enable her to provide support to young children facing the prospect of losing a parent.
- Supporting our Day Hospice, somewhere patients can visit for a few hours for social activities.
- Aiding the development of the new Hospice at Home Service, launched in 2012 to provide 'hands on care' for patients at home.
- Providing funding to replace our old reclining chairs with some lovely new ones for patients to use in their rooms.
Below are the areas of work where we are currently most in need of support and would welcome your assistance:
- Caring for patients staying at St Barnabas, helping to make them comfortable and giving them the dignity they deserve, especially when in their final days - £500 per 24 hour stay.
- Social evenings for bereaved family members, helping them to remember loved ones and gain support from our specially trained volunteers and through meeting others in a similar situation - £250 per event.
- Sessions in our Day Hospice, allowing patients to visit for a few hours for social activities, make new friends and enjoy a hot lunch - £200 per visit.
- A visit at home from one of our Community Palliative Care Nurses, allowing the patient to discuss any concerns about their illness, general health or practical day to day matters - £45 per visit.
- A soothing and relaxing complementary treatment, such as a hand massage to help make the patient feel 'special' - £30 per treatment.
- To allow our Hospice at Home team to visit a patient at home very day for a month - £4,000
- An entire day of visits to patients at home by our Hospice at Home team - £400
If you are a trustee of a Charitable Trust or Foundation and would like to help with one of the above areas or would like to discuss other opportunities to support St Barnabas then we would love to hear from you.
Andy Perry, Fundraising Development Manager, is on hand to meet the needs of Charitable Trusts and Foundations and would welcome the opportunity to talk with you or to meet with you at the hospice. Please call 01903 706330 or email
Finally, a very big thank you to all of the Charitable Trusts and Foundations whose marvelous contributions have enabled us to provide these vital services to our patients for the past 40 years.