When: Sessions 9am to 1pm, 1pm to 5pm
Why we want you: Our reception is the first point of contact for all our visitors and telephone calls and we need a friendly face that can remain calm and collected at all times. Along with meeting the public and dealing with front of house duties, you may also be asked to undertake administration duties to help out our teams.
What's in it for you An opportunity to be part of a team presenting the face of St Barnabas House. To be the first point of contact either in person or by phone to the public, relatives and carers or professionals.
We will provide you with induction training which will include an Introduction to the Hospice, Health and Safety Awareness and relevant on the job training.
Your skills A willingness to learn (Some of these skills you will already have and some may require training, which we will provide for you including any training on our software).
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Concise and accurate message taking
- Ability to remain calm and adopt an empathetic and sensitive approach
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to work on your own or part of our team
- Reliable and good time-keeping
- Able to operate switchboard telephone system
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- To be able to distribute and collect post across the entire hospice
- To be competent in using the electronic franking machine
- Ability to use additional office equipment including the photocopier
- You will also need to have been approved by the Disclosure System (ISA and CRB).
- Understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Any personal grief resolved.
To apply for this role, please download our application form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject box of your e-mail should include the volunteer opportunity title.
To help you complete your application form, the role specification can be found under 'Related links' at the bottom of the page. Please refer to the skills listed in the role specification when completing your application form.
Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities monitoring form. St Barnabas Hospices is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and volunteering, enabling it to deliver the best possible healthcare and to avoid unlawful discrimination in employment, volunteering or to our customers. Completion of any part of this form is voluntary and all information will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by line management responsible for the appointment.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Voluntary Services on 01903 706315 or email email@example.com
• Reception role sepcification Download -->
• Volunteer application form Download -->
• Equal Opportunities monitoring form Download -->