Santa Sally's Diary
Santa pops to the opticians
Santa tries a spot of keep fit
Santa relaxes after a hard day
I had so much fun during my day as Santa I just had to share it with everyone. Not only did I have a great day, I've managed to raise almost £200 for St Barnabas, so I really hope even more people will get involved next year.
Here's how my day went:
• Up and dressed as the man in red. I was surprised that I felt a little nervous about crossing the threshold of my home, but once outside a lovely neighbour, who volunteers in the gardens at St Barnabas House, took a photo and sent me on my way.
•A quick stop at the opticians to pick up my new glasses.
• Next stop Tesco's. A quick visit to Customer Services to let them know why I was dressed as Santa and that I was collecting money for St Barnabas, before heading off around the shop. I had a lovely box of sweets and whenever someone spoke to me about my outfit I offered them a sweetie and most of them wanted to make a donation - I didn't even have to ask!
• Off to David Lloyd, where the staff and my friends cheered me on whilst I completed my Pilates class still dressed as Santa and my efforts prompted even more donations. I gave sweeties to the good boys and girls in the class!
• Next was the school run, which was lots of fun and prompted even bigger smiles than that last day of school feeling had already caused.
• That evening we went out for a lovely meal at the Fortune Inn, where the generous staff allowed me to go round the tables and explain to the other diners why I was sitting there all dressed in red (complete with white beard!).
• Santa then headed home with a very full tummy before relaxing on the couch and retiring for the night.
From St Barnabas House, thank you to everyone who gave so generously and, of course, to Sally for truly entering in to the spirit of the day and making such a fantastic effort.