Why we want you:
A welcoming face helps visitors to the house find where they need to go. We also receive a large amount of incoming post and our volunteers ensure they get to the right places.
The role will involve:
- An opportunity to be part of a team and help support the hospice
- Greeting visitors to the hospice and helping them find where to go. They may be visiting a patient or coming to see someone in our administration offices
- Filling in the log book of visitors to the hospice
- Helping to distribute and collect post from around the building
- Preparing post for collection using the franking machine
- An induction training which will include and Introduction to the Hospice, Health and Safety Awareness and relevant on the job training.
- A willingness to learn (Some of these skills you will already have and some may require training, which we will provide for you including any training on our software)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Concise and accurate message taking
- Ability to remain calm and adopt an empathetic and sensitive approach
- Flexibility and willingness to work on your own or part of our team
- Reliability and good time-keeping
- Ability to use additional office equipment including the photocopier
- Insightful into palliative care
- You will need to have been approved by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adherence to boundaries of the role and organisation
- Have resolved any personal grief
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please download our application form on this page and return to email@example.com. The subject box of your email should include the volunteer opportunity title.
Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities monitoring form. St Barnabas Hospices is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and volunteering, completion of this form is voluntary and all information will be treated in confidence.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Voluntary Services on 01903 706315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.