Information about our services for patients and families.Find out more
Due to the escalation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Brighton Marathon has been postponed from 19 April until 20 September 2020. We’d like to thank our Team St Barnabas runners for their support, especially at this difficult time, and for making every step count for families across Worthing and the local community.
We completely understand why the decision was taken to postpone the Brighton Marathon Weekend. The preparation needed for running events like this by the participants who signed up to take part for St Barnabas House should not be underestimated. We would like to thank all our Team St Barnabas runners for their support and hope to see them on the rescheduled date in September.
All runners due to take part in the Brighton Marathon Weekend should have received official communications from the event organisers. But, if you were due to run for us and have any queries, please get in touch with our events team.
Thank you for your support. We will keep you informed with updates from the organisers, as well as more dates for summer training runs.
Team St Barnabas runners taking part in the Brighton Marathon 2020 help raise vital funds to provide end of life care services and support for even more families across Worthing and the local community.
Brighton Marathon 2020 will no longer take place on Sunday 19 April. On Friday 13 March, the decision was taken by event organisers to postpone the event to Sunday 20 September. Details will be confirmed nearer the time, but is likely to start at 9:45am from Preston Park to the Event Village on Madeira Drive.
You’ll need to collect your race pack and race number from the Event Village on the Friday or Saturday ahead of the event.
Find more information about parking, travel, shuttle buses, bag-drops, toilet locations and water stops in 2020 on the Brighton Marathon website.
Results and timings for this year can be found on the Brighton Marathon website and will be posted on race day for 2020.
The Brighton Marathon start line and bag drop is at Preston Park and finish line is on Madeira Drive. View the full 2019 route map below.
Road closures will likely start at 5:30am and continue throughout the day. View the full 2019 road closures map here.
The Brighton Marathon 2020 route map and road closures will be available nearer race day.
Here is how your support makes a huge difference to the lives of people and their families in Worthing the the surrounding area…
• Your £148 means a whole day of care for a patient, providing their carer with some much needed respite.
• Your £181 means a whole night’s care for a patient, allowing their carer to benefit from a good night’s sleep.
• Your £250 means bereaved families can join a social evening to meet with others who have suffered a loss and gain support from their peers.
• Your £363 means a whole hour of all care services can be given at St Barnabas House.
• Your £390 means a whole day of our Outpatients service can be given to patients.
• Your £625 means patients can benefit from a 24 hour stay at our In Patient Unit.
• Your £1,460 means 24hrs of our Hospice at Home can be given to patients.
We couldn’t make our events work without our team of amazing and dedicated volunteers. Helping with marshalling, car parking, bag drops, medal giving, and being part of our race day cheer squads.